2018年3月17日土曜日

Winter Flavour of Hita – Yuzu

When winter comes, the yuzu season arrives.
This versatile citrus fruit is sour, tart and very aromatic.
We can use it in both sweet and savory dishes and if you use this in place of lemon, you will end up with fantastic results for sure.
My mother uses a lot of zest and juice for her cooking, her favorite one is yuzu-miso(see the pic on this page) it goes well with anything that is boiled. 
My father prepares yuzu-gosho, a spicy chili-salt laden with yuzu zest every year.
Yuzu is not only for eating and cooking. I sometimes throw yuzu rind in our bathtub after I squeeze all the juice out.  
It becomes really luxurious as the air is filled with the beautiful aroma of Yuzu in our bathroom. 

In wintertime, Yuzu is always around us.

1 件のコメント:

  1. I'm the one who love Yuzu. I wish I can try this when I come to Hita.

    返信削除